From 8:30 – 11:30 AM on Tuesday, February 4 we will offer a Beer TOURISM Certificate Course prior to the 2020 Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Beer Tourism is a growing powerhouse in the beer industry, the tourism industry, and even in the sphere of economic development. According to the Brewers Association, there are now over 7,000 breweries in the United States alone. Almost all of these are brewpubs or microbreweries, many of which sell beer only via their tap room or brewpub and thus rely on visitation by locals and tourists for their livelihood.
But just as importantly, these breweries are drawing tourists to cities and regions from outside the area, bringing in sales tax revenue and filling restaurant seats and hotel beds. If you work in marketing for a Destination Marketing Organization, there is a good chance you are paying attention to this and already attempting to market your local area’s beer tourism potential This Beer TOURISM Certificate Course will help you do so.
Our presenters include Julia Herz from the Brewers Association, Mariah Calagione from Dogfish Head Craft Brewing, Dr. Neil Reid “The Beer Professor,” and Allan Wright of Taste Vacations and the BMTC. See our Beer Tourism Certificate Course page for complete details.
The Beer TOURISM Certificate Course will offer three hours of content targeted to DMOs and others interested in beer tourism. This includes:
- Overview of the beer industry from Brewers Association representative
- Demographics of beer consumers
- Economic importance of beer tourism from The Beer Professor
- What motivates beer tourists to travel and spend
- Beer tourism at the brewery (tap rooms, restaurants, hotels, and more)
- Beer events and why these are major tourism draws
- Beer tour operators and how they facilitate beer tourism
- Successful strategies in promotion of beer tourism from a DMO perspective
- Education in and tasting of beer styles
How to Register
Registration for the Beer Tourism Certificate Course is open to anyone 21 years of age and older and costs $195. You do not need to be registered for the entire conference, but we think you will find it useful. Registration for the Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference costs from $395 to $495 depending on when you register and you can include this Certificate Course. You can also register for the course separately.